Update: The complete schedule so far is posted here: http://mpmf.com/schedule
If you've been waiting to hear what this year's MidPoint Music Festival will look/feel/sound like, today you'll have the chance to find out a bunch of details. MPMF's Executive Director Dan McCabe will be on WOXY.com at 3 p.m. this afternoon to talk about new features and announce (and play music from) a lot of the bands booked — give it a listen here. And be sure to be at Fountain Square tonight for the free MidPoint Indie Summer series show with Bad Veins, You, You're Awesome, A Decade to Die For and Thing-One, as the full lineup so far is unveiled.
• There will be a MidPoint showcase stage at Contemporary Arts Center for the first time.
• Larry Gross' favorite bar, Madonna's, is on board for a showcase stage!
• There will be 22 showcase stages throughout Downtown and Over The Rhine with over 250 performances
• This year marks the debut of independent film screenings with the inclusion of the six-year-old Lite Brite Test
• Garfield Suites Hotel is MPMF.09 Headquarters with room specials for festival attendees
• Grammer’s Topic Design Tent will host outdoor performances
• There will be an expansion of the returning Scion Streetcar System up to Liberty Street and Grammers
• There will be multiple independent record label showcases
• Look for the Bootzilla Productions Stage at Havana Martini Club, hosted by Patty and Bootsy Collins
• More outdoor fun at the MidPoint showcase stage at Fountain Square Friday and Saturday nights
• Dance the night away at the MidPoint Salsa Dance Showcase at Javier's, hosted by Son Del Caribe
• There will be new MidPoint Music Festival stage partnerships with Buzzgrinder.com, Donewaiting.com, Buddahden.com, Venus Zine, Topic Design, Segway Cincinnati, the Cincinnati Blues Society, Chicken Laid An Egg Boutique with many more to be announced