Today is the start of our beer lovin’ city’s favorite event, Cincinnati Beer Week. Although advertised as “a week,” it’s actually eight days of fun and foamy shenanigans in restaurants, bars and stores all across the Greater Cincinnati area.
The mission statement behind Cincinnati Beer Week states, “it aims to educate, inspire and celebrate well-crafted beer in a welcoming environment.” And the never ending list of participating venues includes: Jefferson Social, Tap House Grill, Arthur’s Café, Christian Moerlein Brewing Company, Incline Public House, Virgil’s Café, The Oak Tavern, The Famous Neons Unplugged and dozens more.
Some of the festivities this week include beer sampling, beer paired meals, meet and greet with local brewers and several opportunities to give back, with beer event charities such as Hops Against Cancer, Pints for Parkinson’s, MadTree Sprye Launch Party benefiting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and more.
View the complete list of events and participating venues at cincinnatibeerweek.com.
Need ideas on where to start you beer adventure?
- Thursday, Feb. 6: Start Beer Week with the Tapping of the Beer Week Beer, Hostivit, at Coaches Corner (317 E. Sixth St., Newport, Ky.) until 1 a.m. Pair the unique Imperial Pilsner with the Coaches Corner, hand-pattied, Reuben Burger on a toasted Kaiser roll for a delicious beer and burger combo.
- Friday, Feb. 7: Join Rivertown Brewing Company (607 Shepherd Drive, Unit 6, Lockland) for the Winter Olympic ceremonies kick-off, 5-10 p.m., featuring Winter Ale 1st pint — and you keep the glass. Take a brewery tour at 6 p.m. and see how sharp your mind is after drinking with Winter Olympics trivia at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 8: Attend the Cincinnati Nature Center’s Maple on Tap event. Collaborating with Mt. Carmel Brewing Company, the Nature Center is releasing the first Mapple Doppelbock. Learn about the maple syrup making process, sample syrups and learn how it was used in the brewing process. 3-7 p.m. at the Cincinnati Nature Center, 4949 Tealtown Road, Milford.
- Sunday, Feb. 9: Head to BrewRiver GastroPub (2062 Riverside Drive, East End) for a Kegs n Eggs breakfast featuring Mt. Carmel Coffee Brown Ale and Maple Doppelbock. 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 10: Make your taste buds dance at the Cinnamon Roll Chickow Tapping event. Arthur’s Cafe (3516 Edwards Road, Hyde Park) will host a rare tapping of the Triple Digit Cinnamon Roll Chickow 6 p.m.- 1 a.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 11: Flipdaddys Brilliant Burgers & Craft Beer (7435 Wooster Pike, Mariemont) is featuring New Belgium Brewery. Come and try a beer from the Lips of Face series, which is exclusively at Flipdaddys. 5-10 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 12: Fifty West Brewing Company (7668 Wooster Pike, Mariemont) will be hosting the Crosstown Throwdown as Team Listermann and Team Fifty West join forces to throwdown a five course beer pairing dinner! 4 p.m.