Head to Rabbit Hash this Sunday for a chili and cornbread cook-off, featuring live music from the Star Devils.
And while it is too cold outside to hang on the Rabbit Hash General Store porch with a beer, you can hang out in the relative warmth of the Rabbit Hash barn, chomping on some chili. Everyone is welcome to enter and winners will be decided on by the public. Votes are $1 and unlimited, and proceeds go to raise money for Rabbit Hash's 2014 float in the Bockfest Parade in March.
The cook-off starts at 1 p.m. and goes until 3 p.m. The Star Devils start playing in the general store at 2:30 p.m. To register to participate, contact the general store at 859-586-7744.
Here are the rules:
1. There is a $10 entry fee for each chili and/or cornbread entrant. You may participate in one or both at $10 per entry.
2. All types of chili and cornbread will be accepted.
3. Rabbit Hash will supply tables, spoons, bowls and electric. You must supply any extras (cheese, crackers, etc.) yourself. Be sure to bring a jar for your votes!
4. Tasting starts at 1 p.m. and ends at 3 p.m. At 3 p.m., money will be counted and winners announced.
5. Stovetop space is extremely limited and on a first-come, first-serve basis. Bringing your chili in a Crock Pot will be the only way to keep it warm.
6. Winners are determined by the highest dollar amount in your jar, so bring friends to vote for you!
7. Pre-registering is recommended but day-of-show entrants will be considered, if there is room.