WHAT SHOULD I BE DOING INSTEAD OF THIS?
 
Home · Articles · News · City Desk
City Desk
 

Attorney General Rejects Initial Weed Legalization Language

0 Comments · Wednesday, February 25, 2015
An effort to legalize marijuana in Ohio hit an obstacle Feb. 23 as Attorney General Mike DeWine rejected an early draft of a legalization group’s potential ballot initiative.
  

3CDC Plan Would Bring 21 New Liquor Licenses Downtown

0 Comments · Wednesday, February 25, 2015
A plan proposed by the Cincinnati Center City Development Corporation and backed by most members of City Council and Mayor John Cranley could pave the way for as many as 21 new liquor licenses downtown.
  

Big Democrat Fundraiser Backs Sittenfeld for U.S. Senate

0 Comments · Wednesday, February 18, 2015
A major Cincinnati fundraiser for the Democratic Party has put his backing behind current City Councilman P.G. Sittenfeld in his run for the U.S. Senate.  

Ohio House Continues Fight Against Common Core

0 Comments · Wednesday, February 18, 2015
The Ohio House of Representatives passed a bill Feb. 11 that would allow students to advance to the next grade level regardless of their results on Common Core tests this year.   

Dem Chair Slams Hartmann’s “Luxury” Crime Lab Comment

0 Comments · Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Hamilton County Commissioner Greg Hartmann ruffled feathers Feb. 5 when he called Hamilton County’s crime lab “a luxury item.” Now Democrats are firing back at the assertion.  

Proposal Would Put Three Marijuana Farms in Greater Cincinnati

0 Comments · Wednesday, February 11, 2015
If an effort by a pro-marijuana group is successful, three of 10 proposed indoor marijuana farms would end up in Greater Cincinnati.  

UC Hosts White House Task Force Sessions on Police Reform

0 Comments · Wednesday, February 4, 2015
The University of Cincinnati hosted the White House Task Force on 21st Century Policing Jan. 30 and 31, bringing together experts from across the country to discuss ways policing might change.
  

Kasich Budget Proposal: Slash Income Tax, Raise Sales Tax

0 Comments · Wednesday, February 4, 2015
Gov. John Kasich is touting half a million dollars in tax cuts in his new budget proposal, but Ohio’s tax scheme could get more regressive if state lawmakers take up the proposed budget.  

Study: Income Inequality Rising in Ohio

0 Comments · Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Ohio’s top 1 percent of earners make 21 times more than the other 99 percent of earners in Ohio, according to a study released by the Economic Policy Institute, a left-leaning think tank based in Washington, D.C.  

Ohio AG DeWine Files Suit Over Obamacare Fees

0 Comments · Wednesday, January 28, 2015
The state of Ohio, lead by Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine, filed a lawsuit in federal district court against the federal government Jan. 26 over fees associated with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) paid by state and local governments.   

CCV Pushes for Removal of Flynt Adult Store Billboard

0 Comments · Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Conservative group Citizens for Community Values is seeking the removal of a billboard next to I-71 that it says is obscene.
  

Requiem Project Files New Suit Against UC over Emery Theatre

0 Comments · Wednesday, January 21, 2015
The nonprofit Requiem Project filed a new lawsuit Jan. 14 against the University of Cincinnati over the right to renovate the long-neglected Emery Theatre in Over-the-Rhine.
  

US Supreme Court to Hear Ohio Gay Marriage Case

0 Comments · Wednesday, January 21, 2015
The U.S. Supreme Court announced Jan. 16 that it will hear arguments about gay marriage bans in Ohio and three other states this spring, lining up what could be a precedent-setting legal battle over the bans.
  

Ohio Drops Two-Drug Death Penalty Method, Delays Execution

0 Comments · Wednesday, January 14, 2015
The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction announced Jan. 8 that the state will stop using an execution method that utilizes a combination of the sedative midazolam and the painkiller hydromorphone.  

Sen. Sherrod Brown Proposes Payday Loan Alternative Bill

0 Comments · Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Ohio’s Democrat Senator Sherrod Brown has introduced a bill that would allow some taxpayers to get a cash advance on their income tax returns instead of turning to so-called payday loan businesses that charge interest rates as high as 500 percent.