A. 1st, B. 6th, C. 10th, D. 13th
2. On any given night, approximately how many in the United States are homeless?
A. 100,000, B. 350,000, C. 540,000, D. 760,000
3. What is the federal minimum hourly wage?
A. $4.65, B. $5.15, C. $5.75, D. $6.25
4. What is the federally defined hourly living wage in Cincinnati?
A. $7.50, B. $8.25, C. $9.40, D. $10.20
5. According to the 2000 U.S. Census, how many people live on the streets in Cincinnati?
A. 2, B. 20, C. 200, D. 2,000
6. How many people did the Greater Cincinnati Coalition for the Homeless count living on the streets when they searched?
A. 0, B. 2, C. 121, D. 200
7. What percentage of homeless men in Cincinnati have high school diplomas?
8. What percentage of Cincinnati men who are homeless work at least part-time?
A. 25, B. 45, C. 60, D. 75
9. In the past 15 years, homelessness in Cincinnati has increased by:
A. 50 percent, B. 100 percent, C. 150 percent, D. more than 200 percent
10. One-third of Cincinnati homeless are:
A. children, B. women, C. men, D. illegal immigrants
11. African Americans make up what percentage of Cincinnati's population?
A. 25, B. 37, C. 43, D. 62
12. African Americans make up what percentage of Cincinnati's homeless?
A. 33, B. 45, C. 68, D. 92
13. According to HUD standards, a person working full-time for minimum wage should be spending no more than what percentage of their income on housing?
A. 20, B. 30, C. 40, D. 50
14. True or False: Under Cincinnati law, bumming a cigarette is a form of panhandling.
15. Whose responsibility is it to take care of Cincinnati's homeless population?
A. The city government, B. private citizens and nonprofit organizations, C. both, D. no one ignore them and they'll go away.
1. B, 2. D, 3. B, 4. D, 5. A, 6. C, 7. D, 8. C, 9. D, 10. A, 11. C, 12. C, 13. B, 14. True, 15. What do you think?
Sources: The Greater Cincinnati Coalition for the Homeless and the National Coalition for the Homeless