They've found their "comfort zone" and, despite persistent efforts, cannot or will not move beyond it. Fears, doubt, negative self talk, negative self-image and other internal barriers to high achievement turn into self-sabotage and frustration.
It's necessary to address and release these blocks to becoming the best you can be as well as addressing the specific mechanics of your performance that need improvement. Here are some sample questions you can ask yourself to get started:
1. Fear of success or failure.
2. Feelings of not deserving or not being worthy. Will your ego become too inflated? Were you taught that high achievement equates to showing off or being "better" than others or that you need to "know your place?"
3. Do you believe that any part of your goal or dream is not possible?
4. Being self conscious or body-conscious or worrying about others' judgment. Do you judge yourself harshly? Do you feel lacking in some area?
5. Were there any negative emotional experiences, perhaps earlier in life, that have created fears or limitations? Did you lack encouragement, or were you put down or criticized for your efforts?
6. Is there a part of your job or task that you dislike or feel uncomfortable doing?
After we discover the individual blocks, we use EFT (hypnotherapy and/or guided imagery) to release and then replace them with positive suggestions for optimum performance. A new and improved inner mental vision is the result, and this translates into self-confidence and achievement. And as all athletes/performers know, this mental/emotional edge can make all the difference!
JANET BERG offers individual sessions or group/team workshops to enhance peak performance. For more information, visit www.janetberg.com or call 513-680-1875.